The inserts arrived – and they look fantastic
I hand soldered them using 2 year expired solder paste and a hot air gun
Of course I was amazed that ANY of the 1.5mm LED’s lit up at all…let alone three
After a bit of re-work – I got all of them to light up!
After hacking the excess off with a Dremel – (the mousebites are still present above – those holes, I didn’t want to try my luck too much the first try)….They all still light up!
And, just for a sense of scale – that’s a British £1 coin – about the same size as a 1 Euro coin
This first one’s hacky – But, I’ve now hand soldered 4 of them and finally finished the main controller PCB – here’s one 3D printed and sat nicely in the Next. It’ll sit further down in the case than shown. The old way of mounting was to be on top of the PCB, like the picture to the right……But I’ve found that i’ll probably need to mount it underneath like the picture to the left….