Ok, just figured out that I can accurately draw the path the waveguide follows by drawing a line through the midpoints of the larger squares……
This line scales with the grid scaling when it’s anchored to the midpoints! of the larger squares!
I’m not sure how to automatically add up the sizes yet, but manually , here goes…
- ——————Subtotal of 713.55
- ———–Total of 1273.9…..
So, cutting the last couple of folds out gets me right to the dimensions I’d like to be at
ah, 278 h x 163.2 d x 120 w – Getting much closer!
Here’s the extruded ‘look’
- optimise a little – see if I can get those outer dimensions down, particularly the height. May be that I can get a more ‘cube’ shape?
- Start introducing some curves!
- Finish the waveguide path
- create the sides of the enclosure – to enclose the waveguide
- cable routing
- test assembly tolerances
- make them aesthetically pleasing
- Get wife’s approval to put in living room?
- Purchase set of off the shelf speakers due to lack of wife’s approval in previous step?
I’m starting to wonder if I’m ever actually going to print anything speaker enclosure this side of Christmas…………